Building EngineerThe First Residences at First National Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102 Type: full Time
The First Residences at First National seeks highly experienced, professional Building Engineer for a historical high-rise in Oklahoma City.
Must have experience working in a high-rise environment with complex, life safety building systems. This is a “hands-on” position that will require you to work with a team of maintenance technicians and janitorial staff members.
Previous experience working in a residential high-rise tower is strongly preferred. You must be able to troubleshoot and be available during building emergencies.
The candidate must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other critical systems that support the entire building.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide supervision and is responsible for implementing all preventative maintenance and repair operations at the facility. Observes/evaluates maintenance and repairs.
· Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building.
· Performs maintenance tasks. Oversees and inspects work.
· Assesses repair needs and estimated time needed for repair, including evaluating the need for further instruction or outside help.
· Schedule and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment regularly.
· Assist with building inspections, procuring bids, building operations, and other tasks as necessary.
· Monitor the functions of service contractors and building repair and maintenance contractors.
· Monitor and maintain optimum performance of all building systems, including mechanical, electrical, fire, security, HVAC, and water.
· Inventories and acquisitions maintenance supplies. Request materials, tools, and supplies needed for a job.
· Maintains disaster preparedness by identifying potential problems, developing response plans, managing crises.
· Observes all safety standards and participates in the Company’s efforts to provide a safe work environment.
· Formulates, recommends and implements best practices to improve the facility’s operations.
· Ensure the timely completion of work orders.
· Oversees or participates in construction, installation, and preventative maintenance of equipment.
· Monitor pool and pool equipment daily.
· Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions, e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
· Performs maintenance replacement and repair in carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other building repairs.
· Must possess maintenance and repair skills in HVAC, cooling towers, chillers, painting, carpentry, plumbing, and electricity.
· Maintains a neatly groomed, professional appearance.
· Performs any additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
· Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
· Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· High school diploma required; some college or trade school preferable. Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the field of maintenance.
· CPO and HVAC required.
· OSHA, EPA Universal, Electrical Journeyman Technician. Experience with building automation systems.