High Rise Building EngineerLVL 29 Location: Plano, Texas 75024 Type: full Time
Property Management firm seeks highly experienced, professional Building Engineer for a 29-story residential tower in Legacy West, Plano, TX
Must have experience working in a high-rise environment with complex, life safety building systems. This is a “hands-on” position that will require you to work with a team of maintenance technicians and janitorial staff members.
Previous experience working in a residential high-rise tower is strongly preferred. You must be able to trouble shoot and/or be available during building emergencies.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and other critical systems which support the entire building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and is responsible for the implementation of all preventative maintenance and repair operations at the facility. Observes/evaluates maintenance and repairs.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building.
- Performs maintenance tasks. Oversees and inspects work.
- Assesses repair needs and estimated time needed for repair, including evaluating the need for further instruction or outside help.
- Schedule and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis.
- Assist with building inspections, procuring bids, building operations and other tasks as necessary.
- Monitor the functions of service contractors and building repair and maintenance contractors.
- Monitor and maintain optimum performance of all building systems to include mechanical, electrical, fire, security, HVAC, and water.
- Inventories and acquisitions maintenance supplies. Request materials, tools and supplies needed for a job.
- Maintains disaster preparedness by identifying potential problems, developing response plans, managing crises.
- Observes all safety standards and participates in the Company’s efforts to provide a safe work environment.
- Formulates, recommends, and implements best practices to improve the facility’s operations.
- Ensure the timely completion of work orders.
- Oversees or participates in construction, installation, and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor pool and pool equipment daily.
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions, e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other building repairs.
- Must possess maintenance and repair skills in HVAC, cooling towers, chillers, painting, carpentry, plumbing and electricity.
- Maintains a neatly groomed, professional appearance.
- Performs any additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. String customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High school diploma required; some college or trade school preferable. Maintains up to date knowledge in field of maintenance.
- CPO and HVAC required.
- OSHA, EPA Universal, Electrical Journeyman Technician. Experience with building automation systems.
- A Texas driver’s license is required.
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits and excellent 401k match. Paid time off and excellent working environment with great onsite team.